Registration is now open for 2023 Black Student Success Week, scheduled for April 24 through April 28. This year's theme is "Vision to Action: Building Systems and Structures for Black Student Success."
The schedule of virtual activities for the week includes:
- THE BLACK HOUR: (A series of daily webinars hosted from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.) Administrators, faculty, staff, and students from across the California Community Colleges system are invited to join us to discuss successful approaches to ensure Black and African American students not only enroll but stay enrolled and reach their educational goals.
- Monday, April 24 – The Holistic Black Student Experience: We Are Not a Monolith
- Tuesday, April 25 – Supporting Black Student Success through Racially Equitable State Policy
- Wednesday, April 26 – Transition to Workforce and Livable Wages
- Thursday, April 27 – Programming for Black Student Success
- Friday, April 28 – The Diaspora Dialogues: Educators’ Reflections from Ghana
- THE STUDENT HOUR: (A series of daily webinars hosted from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.) Current and prospective community college and high school students, parents, and influencers are invited to join us for daily webinars to receive information regarding available resources to help current and prospective Black and African American community college students succeed. (Hosted by the ICanGoToCollege.com campaign.)
- Monday, April 24 – Basic Needs Workshop
- Tuesday, April 25 – Meet the Employers Workshop
- Wednesday, April 26 – Community College Day
- Thursday, April 27 – Cash for College Workshop
- Friday, April 28 – Financial Intelligence
- THE AFTER PARTY: A series of daily small group discussion forums designed for practitioners and held daily from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- THE BLACKOUT: A virtual advocacy day event held on April 27, 2023. This event will connect our colleges with local elected officials and key higher education policymakers to share our system’s priorities for Black Student Success. If you are interested in participating in this virtual advocacy day, please click here to complete the interest form by Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
Register now for ALL 2023 Black Student Success Week events and follow Black Student Success Week on Twitter for updates and more information.
We hope to see you at these very important events. For questions about The Black Hour, The After Party, or The BlackOut events, please contact Compton College President/CEO Keith Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about The Student Hour please contact ICanGoToCollege.com Project Manager Mark Perry at email@example.com.