Dear Peralta Community,
Parking Permit Process for Fall Semester
For the fall semester, we are reinstating parking permits at College of Alameda, Laney College, and Merritt College. We will be using a temporary system as we look to implement a new district parking enforcement program for spring. During the fall semester, there is no fee for parking, and we will not be ticketing.
At Berkeley City College, there is not a PCCD-owned lot available. Employees should check with the BCC business office for parking information.
At the District Service Center, permits are not currently required.
Process for COA / Laney / Merritt Parking:
- There is NO FEE for parking
- Access Application: Visit the college website, business office, or bursar's office to obtain the parking permit application form.
- Complete Application: Fill out the parking permit application form with accurate and up-to-date information. Provide all required details, including personal information, vehicle details, and contact information.
- Submit Application: Choose one of the following submission methods:
- In-Person: Submit your completed application form to the business office or bursar's office in person.
- Online: If an online submission option is available, complete the online application using the QR code or link provided on the college's website.
- Pick Up Permit: Once your application has been processed, you will be able to pick up your parking permit at the Business Office.
- Display Permit: Follow these instructions to properly display your parking permit:
- Placards: Hang placards from your rearview mirror.
- Paper Permits: If you have a paper permit, prominently display it on the driver's side of the dashboard.
- Review Parking Locations: Before parking on campus, please check for designated parking lots. Familiarize yourself with the parking areas where you're allowed to park with your permit.
- Comply with Rules: Make sure to park according to the designated areas and follow all parking and traffic regulations.
If you have any questions or concerns about the process, don't hesitate to contact the business office, bursar's office, or the public safety department for assistance.
Thank you for your consideration and assistance.
Associate Director Public Safety